Phu Quoc Tourism: A handbook from A to Z
Songda8.com.vn sends you Phu Quoc travel guides with lots of information about vehicles, climate, outstanding landmarks, famous local products. Hopefully this guide will accompany you on upcoming trips to Phu Quoc …
Phu Quoc tourism overview
Phu Quoc is a beautiful archipelago located deep in the Gulf of Thailand, in Kien Giang Province. In the southern sea of the country, Ngoc Phu Quoc Island – the largest island of Vietnam, is also the largest of the 22 islands here. Clear sea water, peaceful streams and many unique seafood are great advantages of Phu Quoc tourism .
Planning Phu Quoc tourism
• The most crowded time is from April to September.
• However, the dry season (October to March next year) is the best time for Phu Quoc . In general, you can be assured of traveling to Phu Quoc at any time of the year because the average annual temperature is only about 28 degrees Celsius.
• Most importantly, keep track of weather forecasts to avoid stormy days.
Move: Vehicles, moving when traveling Phu Quoc
Transportation to Phu Quoc is mainly by plane, speedboat or ferry. Here are the options to visit Phu Quoc depending on the different starting points:
Hanoi – Phu Quoc: Vietnam Airlines operates 1 Airbus flight from Hanoi to Phu Quoc every day departing at 8:40 am and arriving at 10:45 am. The flight in the opposite direction will depart from Phu Quoc at 11:35 and arrive at 13h40.
Ho Chi Minh City – Phu Quoc: 500 km distance, can be traveled by plane or combined with cars + high speed Rach Gia – Phu Quoc
– Aircraft: Vietnam Airlines operates 17 flights daily with ATR aircraft and 1 flight with Airbus aircraft. Viet Jet Air operates 1 flight daily with Air Bus. Flight time is 50 minutes.
– Rach Gia – Phu Quoc cars + high-speed trains: Phuong Trang, Kumho and Mai Linh are high-quality bus companies carrying passengers on Ho Chi Minh City – Rach Gia and vice versa, travel time is 6 Up to 7 hours depending on traffic density.
Can Tho – Phu Quoc: Can travel by plane or a combination of cars + high speed Rach Gia – Phu Quoc
– Aircraft: Vietnam Airlines operates 1 flight per day with ATR aircraft departing from Can Tho to Phu Quoc at 13:00 and arrive at 13:45. The return flight will depart from Phu Quoc at 11: 35 and arrive at 12: 20.
– Rach Gia – Phu Quoc cars + high-speed train: Phuong Trang and Mai Linh are two high-quality bus companies carrying passengers from Can Tho – Rach Gia and vice versa, travel time is 3 to 3, 5 hours depending on traffic density.
• From the airport to Duong Dong Center / Dinh Cau area by taxi takes about 20 minutes. Phu Quoc has the two largest taxi companies, SASCO and Mai Linh, both of them travel by meter, quite safe and convenient for tourists.
Rach Gia – Phu Quoc: 120 km distance, can be traveled by plane or speedboat:
– Plane: Vietnam Airlines operates 1 flight daily from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc departs at 7:30 and arrives at 8:10. The return flight will depart Phu Quoc at 8:45 and arrive at 9:25.
Road from Ho Chi Minh City to Rach Gia :
• From the pick-up point on Le Hong Phong street, Q10 has a coach:
– Mai Linh. Tel: 08 39292929
– Phương Trang. Tel: 08 3833 3468
Or if departure from the West bus station is Kumho Samco, Ba Dung, Tuyet Hon, Chau Ha.
• The bus will arrive at Rach Gia bus station (Kien Giang). Ticket price is about: 120,000 – 150,000 VND / ticket / time, the time is about 6-7 hours.
• Should buy a ticket of 45 seats, can easily fall back to a good night’s sleep. Want to save time, you choose the bus ride around 10 pm, 5 am the car will arrive in Kien Giang. Before you get off the bus, remember to ask the driver the location of the transfer vehicle to get on this vehicle without any charge. Do not let the chariot pull, just aim for the transit vehicle and go straight ahead. When getting on the transfer bus, you tell the driver that you want to go to the pier to Phu Quoc.
– High speed train : Superdong operates the Rach Gia – Phu Quoc cruise and vice versa, departure in the morning at 8:00 and departure in the afternoon at 13:00, travel time on the sea is 2.5 hours.
• Superdong train: Address: Số 14 Tự Tự Đường; Vinh Thanh; Rach Gia. Tel: 077 877742 – 077 877 741.
Ho Chi Minh City – Ha Tien – Phu Quoc: 45 km distance, can go by speedboat or ferry
Road from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Tien : Vehicles from Saigon to Ha Tien include:
Phuong Trang bus: ticket price 170,000 VND.
* Western Bus Station: 7h15, 8h45, 9h45, 18h, 18h45, 19h15.
* Hà Tiên Bus Station: 8h30, 9h30, 10h30, 20h30, 21h45, 22h30.
* In Ho Chi Minh City:
– Call center: 0838.309.309
– VP 328A Le Hong Phong – District 10 – Ho Chi Minh City
– VP 260 Le Hong Phong – District 5- Ho Chi Minh City.
– Ticket box 22,23, 31 West Bus Station – Ho Chi Minh City
Kumho bus: ticket price of VND 190,000.
* Ha Tien – Ho Chi Minh City
– Departure time: 07h50, 11h00, 13h00, 20h20, 21h10, 22h30. Booking phone: 077.3.959797 – 077.3.959696
* Ho Chi Minh City – Ha Tien route
– Departure time: 09h30, 11h00, 15h30, 20h30, 21h30, 23h00. Booking phone: 08.3.7527878 – 08.3.9225112 – 08.3.9225113
Tuan Nga bus: ticket price: 165,000 VND / ticket
* In Ho Chi Minh City:
– Call center: 0946 79 00 55 – 0962 57 11 99
– VP 7 Pham Huu Chi – Ward 12 – District 5 – Ho Chi Minh City.
– Western Bus Station – Ho Chi Minh City.
* In Ha Tien:
– Call center: 0773. 95 45 45 – 0969 19 11 77
– Office at Ben Xe Ha Tien.
– Ferries: Depart at Thanh Thoi ferry (Ha Tien), stop at Da Chong port (Bai Thom, Phu Quoc). Ferries with large capacity, can transport cars. Ferry time is more than 2 hours. From Da Chong ferry to the center of Duong Dong town about 20km, you can go by bus, motorbike taxi (this area is a bit difficult to find a taxi).
– High speed train : Superdong I and Superdong II trains depart from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc at 8:00 and 13:00; from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien at 8:30 and 13:30 every day. Hong Tam high-speed train also exploits this sea journey, starting from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc at 13:30 and from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien at 8:30 every day. Travel time at sea is 1 hour 20 minutes.
MOVING IN PHU QUOC: There are three main roads:
– Tran Hung Dao Street : The road with the most hotels and resorts in Phu Quoc, most of which have beaches, starting from the crossroads that stretches to the end of Truong Beach, to An Thoi. You can go from one beach of this resort to another comfortably, and the length of this free beach is over 10km. Tran Hung Dao Street is also the way to visit the showroom – Coi Nguon, Ngoc Trai, Phu Quoc prison, Hang Yen.
– 30/4 Street – Phu Quoc Eating Street : There are many restaurants and eateries, you can try seafood at roadside stalls for a better price than the night market. This road goes to Sung Hung Co Tu pagoda, Tranh stream, Ham Ninh fishing village, Bai Vong wharf. You can go this way through An Thoi to visit Sao beach, Khem beach.
– Hung Vuong street: This road creates a fork with the road 30/04. Go straight to the first intersection, turn Nguyen Trung Truc, turn left to the airport, turn right, go to Da Ban stream, Khu Tuong pepper garden, Ganh Dau, Ong Nguyen temple, Vung Bau tourist resort …
Enjoy Phu Quoc
North of Phu Quoc Island is a rich land with rich forest ranges and rich flora and fauna and countless beautiful beaches hidden behind the forests. Coming to the North Island is coming to unspoiled nature. Journey to explore the North Island includes:
Khu Tuong pepper garden: Phu Quoc pepper is famous for its pungent aroma stronger than that of other countries. On the way from Duong Dong to Ganh Dau, you will see the beautiful pepper gardens on both sides of the road. After visiting, you can also buy some dried pepper as gifts for loved ones.
Location: The most pepper growing area is Khu Tuong, about 15km north of Duong Dong town.
Ganh Dau Cape: Headland jutting into the Northwest Sea of the island attracts visitors by the most pristine and typical natural beauty. From here, you can see the border of Cambodia. Ganh oil with bow-shaped beach stretching 500m. This is also a great place to enjoy seafood for visitors.
Location: Ganh Dau commune, Phu Quoc district, about 15-20km north of Duong Dong town.
Watching Dinh Cau sunset: Mui Dinh Cau is a famous landscape in Phu Quoc. In particular, watching the sunset at Dinh Cau is something that any tourist traveling to Phu Quoc should not be missed.
Location: Mui Dinh Cau is located in Duong Dong town, about 5 minutes walk from Duong Dong market.
Hon Thom: The Hon Thom island cluster is located south of Phu Quoc. Here you can dive to see the coral, watch the aquaculture areas of the fishermen, the pearl farm about 10 minutes by boat from Hon Thom, you can see the famous squid fishing village in Phu Quoc.
Location: From Phu Quoc pier, it takes 30 minutes to get to Hon Thom island.
Suoi Tranh: Suoi Tranh is made up of many small streams, weaving through the canyon forest, with water from June to September every year. There are beautiful natural landscapes with flowers, mountains, sea and streams, which are interesting places for camping and picnics.
Location: Suoi Tranh lies on Ham Ninh mountain range, northeast of Phu Quoc island. From Duong Dong town, follow Duong Duong – Ham Ninh route about 10 km to reach Suoi Tranh.
Da Ban Stream: Owning large and flat boulders just like the table top, so Phu Quoc people call it Da Ban Stream. This is one of the attractions not to be missed when you visit Phu Quoc National Park.
Location: Starting from Duong Dong town, going back to the North of the island and then following the road with signs that lead to Da Ban stream.
Da Ngoi Stream: With 7 waterfalls, Da Ngon stream is majestic and breathtakingly beautiful because it is still a secret for travelers who love to explore and adventurous. From November to April next year is the best time to visit Da Ngon stream, because in the rainy season the rocks become slippery.
Location: Located in the Northeast of Phu Quoc island.
Long Beach: Immerse yourself in the sea and white sand of the beach voted by BBC as one of the 10 most pristine and beautiful beaches in the world. Phu Quoc Beach has a 1500m long coastline, along the beach with sea sand is a tall blue poplar line, growing in straight lines.
Location: Northwest of the island. Take the motorbike from the center of Duong Dong about 45 minutes to an hour, heading towards the resorts Chen Sea, Chez Carole and Mai Phuong, Northwest of the Island.
Nguyen Trung Truc Temple : A temple built by the people of Phu Quoc to commemorate the hero who contributed to the country and the nation. Every year, on August 28 of the lunar calendar, the people of Phu Quoc flock here to commemorate him.
Location: 25km from Duong Dong to Ganh Dau direction.
Coi Nguon Museum: The 9th private museum in Vietnam is considered to be a place to keep the stories of Phu Quoc Island, “soul of Phu Quoc” Phu Quoc. Coi Nguon Museum stores more than 3,000 antiques, including 300 sets of precious folders about Phu Quoc in Chinese, Vietnamese, English and French. Besides, there are areas displaying driftwood handicrafts; sea snail fine art zone; products of souvenirs and pearls; traditional house on stilts in Phu Quoc rural area; sanctuaries, sea eagles and sea eagles sanctuary.
EAST AND SOUTH ISLAND
East and South of Phu Quoc Island is a lowland intertwined with secondary forests, where the island’s population is concentrated. Beautiful beaches attract the hearts of people like Truong Beach, Sao Beach, Khem Beach and Gieng Ngu Beach which are mentioned as a separate charm of Phu Quoc Island. Journey to discover the South Island includes:
Bai Sao: Sao Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Phu Quoc. This place has a creamy white sand bank longer than 7 km, the shape is gentle and curved like the moon. At the peak season, Sao Beach is crowded with tourists, so if you like to go to Sao beach, you should go early to rent a hammock to rest.
Location: Bai Sao is located on the Nam Dao tourist route, about 30km from Duong Dong town. Experience for everyone: if you like to go to Sao Beach, you should rent a taxi or go from An Thoi side, the small but dust-free road, big cars sometimes run through a few but still more comfortable than going dirt roads (Follow Seaway-Bai Truong is closer but dust road is more than inner road).
Khem Beach: Khem Beach is still wild, white and fine sand like powder. One minus point is that Khem beach is full of rubbish and leaves, feeling that the sea is not clean. In return, eating seafood Khem is great. It specializes in selling grilled fish and herring salad with quite cheap prices. You can visit Cuc Man restaurant to taste the Bien Mai dish and then relax back in the hammock. In Khem Beach you should also visit the pearl breeding area, very interesting.
Location: South of Phu Quoc Island, 25km from Duong Dong, 5km from An Thoi Port.
Truong Beach continues to be a place not to be missed in Phu Quoc tour, just 7 minutes drive from the airport. From October to April each year, Truong Beach is the perfect choice because this is the most beautiful Truong Beach season with the calm, rippling sea. In particular, this is the most beautiful sunset view point, the sky changes color and reflects on the sea surface, creating a very beautiful effect.
Sunset Sanato Beach Club is located in Truong Beach, famous for being the most unique beach in Phu Quoc with impressive works of art and the venue for the largest beach music festival in Phu Quoc – Epizode, held annually. on New Year.
Address: Hamlet Bao, Duong To, Phu Quoc and Kien Giang
Ham Ninh fishing village: The life of Ham Ninh fishing village remains almost untouched with makeshift bamboo-covered cottages. The main occupation is still pearl diving, catching sea cucumber (gossip) and catching net. Visit Ham Ninh in the early morning to watch the sunrise or enjoy the moonlit nights to enjoy the beauty of this place. Specialties here are just caught crabs bring boiled, bright red, stocky meat, salt and pepper dots juicy lemon.
Location: Ham Ninh fishing village is located on the East Coast, 20 km northeast of Duong Dong town.
Barrels manufacturing fish sauce: Come here, you can learn the traditional method of brewing fish to create the rich taste of famous Phu Quoc fish sauce. Guests can buy fish sauce at the factory.
Address: Phung Hung fish sauce – Duong Dong – An Thoi road, opposite Phu Quoc prison.
An Thoi archipelago: An Thoi archipelago has 15 large and small islands located along the southwest. The sea here is very clear and deep, some places nearly 30m deep. Tourists will find this place suitable for tourism activities such as nature exploration, sightseeing, fishing, squid fishing, swimming and scuba diving. , Hon Roi, Hon Thom, Vang, Nails, Roi, May Rut, Chan Qui. Location: south of Phu Quoc island.
+ Hon Nail
Mong Tay is almost an absolute unspoiled island because there are no residents and no intervention of convenient services from the mainland. Hon Tay Son is an ideal place for outdoor activities such as camping, swimming or going deep to explore the wild nature with the burning grasslands stretching headlines.
Another interesting activity that you cannot miss when you come here is to experience scuba diving to see the extremely rich coral ecosystem, with 17 types of soft hard and many types of colorful sea anemones. The coral reefs of all shapes, sizes, colors will surely leave a great impression in your heart about a trip to “deserted island”.
+ Gam Gui Island
Located at the farthest south of the An Thoi archipelago, Gam Gui Island attracts visitors with pristine beaches, boulders with strange shapes, white sand, below is an ocean world, reefs the thick and wide corals are pulled away from the near shore … The density of corals here is quite thick, to the point that just facing the water and see corals.
+ May May Hon
May May Rut is located in the south of Phu Quoc Island, about 3 nautical miles from the center of An Thoi town. The beach in May Rut is still quite pristine with sandy beaches stretching pristine white, the clear blue water reflecting the coconut trees bending extremely poetic.
In addition, the sea in Hon May Rut area has a very diverse ecosystem with more than 100 species of hard and soft corals, 125 species of fish, 150 species of mollusks along with many valuable marine species such as cow ears, dugongs, tortoises …
Pineapple Prison (Phu Quoc Prison): Coming to Phu Quoc Prison, you will witness the remnants of the Vietnam War and learn about the cruel tortures here 50 years ago.
Location: Located in Cay Dua hamlet, An Thoi commune, in the southernmost area of Phu Quoc island.
Discover Phu Quoc
Traveling to Phu Quoc, you will have the opportunity to experience a lot of interesting and unique recreational activities.
Visiting Vinpearl Safari
Vinpearl Safari is the largest open zoo model in Vietnam with an area of about 500 hectares, gathering about 130 species with more than 2,200 individuals of rare animals. Vinpearl Safari is divided into two main subdivisions: an open zoo for visitors between open and harmonious animal raising areas in harmony with nature; the semi-wild area (safari park) carrying tourists by special vehicles with the form of “free animals, captive people” is unique, first present in Vietnam.
Visiting Vinpearl Safari, visitors will experience many exciting activities such as: panoramic view of the park with modern tram system, enjoying fascinating animal performances, practical experience for animals to eat, Take souvenir photos with rare animals, …
Vinpearl Phu Quoc amusement park
Built on a total area of up to 170,000m², Vinpearl Phu Quoc amusement park includes many interesting places such as: Water Park, Aquarium, Outdoor play area, Movie theater, Wet street real and shopping, Fairy Castle … In addition, Vinpearl Land in Phu Quoc also has a dolphin performance area with a capacity of up to 1,152 seats and a water music stage with a capacity of up to 2,337 seats to meet the needs of international cultural events.
Dinh Cau night market is a busy market on Vo Thi Sau street, starting from Bach Dang street to Tran Hung Dao crossroad, lasting over 200m. The market is near the beach, in the center of Duong Dong town, about 100m from Dinh Cau. The market meets from 17:00 to 21-22 hrs. The area has over 100 stalls stretching along both sides of the road, including souvenir stalls, handicrafts, cosmetics, jewelry and Phu Quoc pearls. The most famous is the food court specializing in serving unique dishes made from fresh seafood for dinner such as seafood porridge, seafood rice, fish cake soup.
However, it should be noted that the prices here are quite high. If you want a softer price, you can buy fresh seafood at Duong Dong market near the ferry bridge at the end of Nguyen Trung Truc street and then take it to Thien Hai Son resort for processing, the processing fee ranges from 50,000 to 100,000 / kg.
Scuba diving to watch the coral
The diverse marine ecosystem of the southern An Thoi archipelago or the island of Mong Tay, Doi Moi island and Thay Boi island in the north of Phu Quoc island are ideal places for travelers to explore the world of the ocean, most especially. are the coral reefs that top the table in Vietnam in terms of abundance with 17 different types of hard, soft and different corals.
Coral snorkeling tours are offered by hotels and resorts of Phu Quoc and offered to tourists for between 350,000 and 500,000 VND / person.
Fishing and discovering deserted islands
This tour will take you to an island or the coast with many species of fish such as grouper, cajuput, grouper, grouper. The spoils of lure will be served on board. Fishing, groups of friends can organize camping, picnics and explore the surrounding lands. Some favorite places like: Ong Ong Cape, Hon Dam, Hon Thom …
Discover primeval forest
If you are a risk taker, this is the option for you. You can book a tour to explore the North Island or go to Da Ngon Stream Ecological Reserve or Ganh Dau Ecological Reserve. Some adventurous travelers explore the primeval forest on their own or just hire a local guide during their exploration.
Night squid fishing
When night falls, it’s time to experience the exciting moments just relax with the fishermen with night squid fishing. There is nothing like catching your own squid hunting in the sea or picking up swordfish and bone-blue fish floating on the surface of the sea. The booty is squid or caught fish that will be served on the ship.
Delicacies + dining addresses in Phu Quoc
Ngoc Phu Quoc Island captivates visitors with rich sea specialties and many other unique products.
Fresh herring rolled with rice paper with all kinds of vegetables, a little grated coconut, dipped with an excellent fish sauce is a favorite dish in Phu Quoc, totally not fishy but only the smell of forest vegetables, the fatty taste of coconut and fish pieces so crunchy sweet.
One thing Phu Quoc people always note that diners eat herring salad to drink a little sim wine, because herring has a lot of protein and is still fresh, when eating fish salad, use a little yeast to good for digestion. Herring salad sauce is also very special, it is made from chili, garlic and roasted peanuts. All these are stabbed (pounded) and mixed together, adding Phu Quoc genuine fish sauce will create a taste of pungency, aroma and unforgettable when dipped with herring salad.
Ham Ninh crab
Ham Ninh crab is priced from 200,000-500,000 VND / kg depending on small size but big crab in Phu Quoc is only equal to new-born crabs in Central. The crab is too big to eat, the crab is too small to have any meat. Should choose about 6-7 children a kilogram, prefer to eat bricks, then choose the female crab, meat more often eat the male, the crab must be delicious.
Grilled snail with salt and chilli, scallop fan grilled with onion and grilled egg
These are also worth a try when coming to Phu Quoc. Plates of snails and cockles are more delicious because of the fresh ingredients, both eating and blowing and inhaling in the spicy peppers, extremely attractive. These dishes can be found at every good restaurant at Dinh Cau night market.
The endosperm is the two layers of muscle connecting the two pieces of the shell. There are many ways to prepare the morning glory: stir fry with shiitake mushrooms, straw mushrooms, onions and mustard greens. However, for gourmets who want to enjoy the pristine taste of the sea, nothing can be done through the salt-and-horn dish. The saltyness of the salt, the tearing hot peppers enhance the sweetness of the horn. And also processed only in this way, the new tomorrow horn retains its toughness and crunchiness.
Melaleuca mushrooms are only found in Phu Quoc during the rainy season (April to September). If you come in the dry season, Melaleuca mushroom is definitely the type that has been dried or frozen, not as good as the freshly picked mushrooms. Fresh mushrooms are cooked with seafood such as shrimp, fish and squid. Dried mushrooms are stir-fried with abalone or sea cucumber. Boiled chicken sausages have just cooked, for freshly picked mushrooms will give us a delicious mushroom soup. Enjoying melaleuca mushroom soup, you will feel the sweetness of the mushroom, the aroma of pepper and stronger when you use it with Phu Quoc anchovy fish sauce.
THE DELICIOUS RESTAURANTS IN PHU QUOC
1. Noodles stirring Kien Kien – In Phu Quoc has a very delicious rustic dish that every customer has to wait quite a long time (from 15-30 minutes), “bon chen enthusiastic” and a whole new sweat sweat to eat , that’s the bun Kien Kien.
At this point, you will be surprised to see the unique scene: the customer makes everything himself. The shop is full of strangers, all customers understand “if you want to eat, you will roll to the kitchen”. Condiments for dipping sauce include: salt, sugar, Phu Quoc pepper, monosodium glutamate, chilli, and octopus ready, and guests come to the kitchen to make dipping sauce according to their taste. Chopping knives for chopping chili, there is only one switch, but there are always dozens of people waiting around the kitchen, one hustles the other to cut up quickly so the atmosphere is always busy and happy.
Directions: From Duong Dong market, you go straight to Tran Phu street, cross Tran Phu intersection – Cach Mang Thang Tam about 500m, meet Gia An pharmacy, turn into the alley on the side of the pharmacy about 200m to get there.
2. Quan Kho Khoi – 131/4/4 Street, Duong Dong Town. The restaurant has many delicious dishes, affordable prices, in accordance with the preferences of many people. You should come to this restaurant to have dinner with family and friends. Phone number: 0903952204.
3. Song Xanh Restaurant – Street 30/4, Khu Pho 1, TT Dương Đông. Coming to the restaurant, you will enjoy typical dishes such as Song Xanh herring salad, fried rice with crab and mushroom hotpot. Phone number: 0773.70 2929 – 0913.848.133
4. Quoc Anh – 74 Bach Dang, Zone 1, TT. Duong Dong. The restaurant serves many dishes, quite tasty food, average price.
5. Me Seafood Restaurant – Located in Dinh Cau night market – Vo Thi Sau. The shop specializes in selling seafood dishes. The food is plentiful, delicious but the price is quite expensive.
6. The Shell Clam Clam Shop – Street 30/4, TT Dương Đông. This restaurant sells all fresh seafood dishes at affordable prices.
7. Phu Quoc Clam Shop – Street 30/4, TT Duong Dong. This shop is similar to Oc 343 restaurant, very suitable for drinking people.
8. Quan Bien Xanh – Cau Ninh Ninh, TT Ham Ninh. The shop has a cool space, view overlooking the sea of fishing villages. The price of seafood in the restaurant is quite expensive, but you can buy seafood outside and then go there because it will be more economical but still good and polite.
9. Pizza Regina – Opposite Bun Queo restaurant in Bach Dang park under Nguyen Trung Truc bridge, a Regina restaurant opened by an owner named An is not only popular with tourists but also attractive to diners. Phuong. The price here meets the delicious and cheap standards, especially the fruit smoothies with the age of 25,000 VND and the most famous is that the pizza here is known as “the best in Phu Quoc” but only costs from 80,000 VND. – VND 100,000.
10. Phung fish cake – In Phu Quoc, there are many shops selling banh canh. Banh Canh, Cha Ca, Pork Soup, etc. Phung is close to Dinh Cau in Duong Dong town. Banh Canh here uses only fresh mackerel caught by island fishermen. Mackerel in addition to being freshly cooked, also made fried fish ball, all will be in a fragrant bowl of soup, captivating people.
11. Ngan Ha Seafood – Ngan Ha Seafood: The copper shop costs 30,000 VND, located on Tran Hung Dao street opposite to Ngoc Hien pearl showroom. This is a pub, so not much investment in design, simply a place to eat and then go. Seafood here is rated as fresh, fast serving.
12. Huynh Nhu Nguyen Trai broken rice: – Raising Phu Quoc without eating Nguyen Trai broken rice, it must be called a very big omission. In the morning, you can smell the fragrant grilled ribs on the corner of the street. Eating rice, marinated meat and taste, just eat and hear the name of the Oanh owner talking to guests that seemed to be in the West of some country. Delicious rice dish from both the taste and the love of the restaurant.
13. Xin Chao Restaurant – Despite being just opened in June 2016, Xin Chao Restaurant is quickly gaining popularity among locals and visitors for its delicious food. The shop is decorated with an open space right next to the beach, you can enjoy traditional dishes of 3 regions and Phu Quoc specialties, while watching the sun gradually letting go before your eyes. Address: 66 Tran Hung Dao, Duong Dong town.
14. Goat Cay Duong – This goat hotpot shop is usually weekdays or weekends, whether it is sunny or rainy, but it is still “disrespectful”. It’s hard to understand when traveling to Phu Quoc, people find goat hot pot at this restaurant so much. Located on Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street – near the night market, Cay Duong goat hotpot will captivate those who first come to eat, making them come here many more times.
15. Duc Tan vermicelli noodle – Street 30/4, TT Dương Đông. The restaurant is opposite to Zen restaurant, which sells delicious vermicelli and crab noodles.
16. Bun Ken Ut Ut – 30/4 Street, Duong Dong Town. The restaurant is near Hung Vuong crossroads, famous for bun bo. Bun buon is a strange but delicious dish, you should try it.
Specialties bought as a gift
With a long and clean coastline, Phu Quoc is the best place for mussels to live and develop. Taking advantage of this, the people of Phu Quoc have long tried the semi-artificial pearl culture model and achieved brilliant success. Up to now, mentioning Phu Quoc, people cannot help but mention the beautiful and high-value pearl products. Phu Quoc pearls are quite expensive, depending on the quality, color, shape can range from a few dozen to a few thousand USD. The most valuable one is black pearl, priced at over US $ 1,000 / piece, the lowest class is ivory white pearl, which costs a few dozen USD / piece.
Reputable pearl purchasing address: Ngoc Hien Pearl Showroom, Long Beach Pearl showroom, Quoc An pearl cultivation establishment
2. Fish sauce
Phu Quoc fish sauce is famous for its delicious, rich taste, a dish that often appears in Vietnamese family meals. Phu Quoc fish sauce has a deep cockroach color, clear and very slight fragrance; Salty, sweet, even fatty. Phu Quoc fish sauce is delicious thanks to being made from fresh anchovies (anchovies and fish caught on Phu Quoc Island, this sea has a very specific algae as a food source for fish, so anchovy meat is delicious, fragrant). Currently, Phu Quoc fish sauce brand is not only famous in Vietnam but also in some foreign markets.
Address to buy reputable fish sauce: Phung Hung fish sauce house, Khai Hoan production base, Thinh Phat establishment, Hung Thinh establishment …
Pepper is one of Phu Quoc specialties that many tourists often buy as gifts for friends and relatives. Phu Quoc pepper after harvest is often divided into 3 types of skull pepper, red pepper, black pepper. Whole skull pepper, whole ground pepper, whole pepper pepper, salt salt, sweet pepper … there are many types for visitors to choose. Pepper is often sold in markets in Phu Quoc or in shops and specialty shops in Phu Quoc. Phu Quoc pepper is famous for its strong, spicy and aromatic seeds, stronger flavor than other types of pepper in other regions, especially red pepper.
Reputable address for buying pepper: Khu Tuong pepper garden, Suoi Da pepper garden, Duc Ninh pepper garden, Sang Loi base …
4. Sim wine
The sim card used for making wine in Phu Quoc is mainly sim ros, produced traditionally fermented naturally from the forest sim and white sugar, which can be added with the wine made to increase the concentration. Phu Quoc sim wine is considered a kind of herbal medicine, made from purple sim card in the traditional way, has a digestible effect, is like a drug with many good effects, especially the sim card has effective treatment of aches and pains.
Address reputable buy sim wine: Sim Son, Bay Giao sim wine, Vuon Tao restaurant …
5. Cake smart
In Phu Quoc, dumplings are very popular with the islanders and tourists. Smart bread is made from flour with many flavors of filling such as coconut, green beans, taro … with sweetness, low fat, and not feeling bored.
Prestigious smart bakery address: Dinh Cau night market, Co Dung smart bakery
6. Dried seafood
As a typical sea area, of course, Phu Quoc cannot lack of dried products made from seafood. Dried seafood is sold a lot in Duong Dong market – Phu Quoc. Phu Quoc dried seafood is very rich, just walking around Duong Dong market, visitors can choose a variety of dried seafood such as dried shrimp, dried squid, dried thyme, dried carp, dried mackerel, dried barracuda … With the advantage of being an island island, full of wind but also lots of sunshine, the dried seafood here is processed and dried by the people in the natural sunlight. Therefore, dryness is not damp, chewy and retains its fresh and pure taste.
Address to buy reputable dried seafood: Duong Dong market, Huynh Phuoc dry shop
Hotels in Phu Quoc
International visitors and those who focus on relaxation often choose tourist streets along Tran Hung Dao Street with many resorts that follow the most beautiful beach in the town. If you want to swim Bai Dai beach, there are a number of resort options but are quite far from the center of Duong Dong. Similarly, Sao Beach has My Lan resort, but it is quite isolated from Tran Hung Dao area and town center. Staying in other places that want to swim on the beach Tran Hung Dao has to go more than a dozen kilometers to get to the beach.
The motels, hotels, resorts in Duong Dong town are quite plentiful, including luxurious places and popular areas for backpackers. On iVIVU.com, Phu Quoc hotel rooms range from VND 343,000 / room / night. Before booking, you should ask if the hotel has airport transfer service or not, for an extra fee. Please remember to book 1-2 months in advance during the peak seasons.
Some Phu Quoc hotels you can refer to
1. Novotel Phu Quoc Resort
Address: Quarter 5, Đường Bào, Dương Tô commune, Phú Quốc district
2. Sol Beach House Phu Quoc
Address: Bai Truong, Duong To Ward, Phu Quoc Dist
3. Vinpearl Phu Quoc Resort & Golf
Address: Bai Dai, Ganh Dau
4. The Shells Resort & Spa Phu Quoc
Address: Ganh Gio, Duong Dong, Phu Quoc
5. Fusion Phu Quoc Resort
Address: Vung Bau Beach, Phu Quoc
Beautiful shooting locations in Phu Quoc
Located south of Phu Quoc, Mong Tay is a romantic beauty with turquoise clear beaches and pure white sand under shady coconut trees. This island is considered to be absolutely unspoiled, because there are no residents and no intervention of convenient services from the mainland. This is an area that Phu Quoc tourism lovers evaluate is very much to explore.
Coming here, in addition to outdoor activities such as camping, swimming or going deep to explore the wild nature, an experience that you cannot ignore is diving to see the coral ecosystem.
Rach Vem fishing village
Located in the north of the island, Rach Vem is a relatively small fishing village, with 170 households, mainly engaged in fishing. Rach Vem fishing village is about 20 km from Duong Dong town. You can move here by motorbike or car. The scene of the fishing village is like a harmonious picture of nature, a little color of the sea, a little color of sky, a little more cool of the winds will make you extremely comfortable.
This is the farthest island, located in the south of Phu Quoc island. The sea water in Hon Xuong is very clear and the sea is very deep. The most interesting is a huge cave with imposing cliffs. From this cave, you can lie still and dive to see the beautiful sea in Hon Xuong. This is a great place for those who like to dive to see the coral, with many precious and beautiful corals.
Ham Ninh fishing village
Ham Ninh fishing village is an ancient fishing village, has existed for a long time in Phu Quoc. This fishing village still retains the untouched beauty of a traditional Vietnamese fishing village. Ham Ninh fishing village has long been a popular tourist destination in Phu Quoc, favored by many domestic and foreign tourists. Today, this fishing village is also a place many tourists choose to take pictures when traveling to Phu Quoc.
Khem Beach, Ong Doi Cape
Having a rare position in Phu Quoc, Ong Ong Cape is one of the few places where tourists can watch the sunrise and sunset in the same place. The two-sided landslide adjacent to the sea attracts visitors by vivid landscape with a unique shape.
In particular, near Ong Doi Cape is Bai Khem Beach, the most beautiful fine white sand band of Ngoc Island. Located in the south of Phu Quoc, about 25 km from Duong Dong town center, Khem Beach with creamy white sand, emerald green water looking through the bottom brings an incredible sense of relaxation. This is a private bay, especially suitable for resort travel.
Located about 10 km from Duong Dong town of Phu Quoc, Tranh stream is a branch originating from Ham Ninh mountain range, formed by the small murmuring streams forming the composition.
The natural landscape in Suoi Tranh is very harmonious, it is the harmony between peaceful small waterfalls, clear spring water, illuminating the foliage above, alternating with the foliage is orchid branches. beautiful forest lovely. All make a beautiful landscape picture, the name streams from which also formed.
Coming to Tranh stream, visitors can freely walk on narrow trails, at the foot are soft vegetation, the two sides of the road are fragrant grass flowers, butterflies fluttering, the atmosphere is extremely clear. healed.
Hon Mot is located in Bai Thom commune, northeast of Phu Quoc island. There are two ways to reach Hon Mot: one is to go along Nguyen Trung Truc and Duong Dong – Bai Thom roads; The second is from Duong Dong to Ham Ninh and then along the red dirt road to reach Hon Mot.
No need to take a boat to Hon Mot, this place is only about 200m from Phu Quoc island. Previously, you had to walk across the floating road on the sea to arrive. Currently, the road to Hon Mot has been built for easy access, but you can still experience the feeling of walking on the sea very interesting. The sea water here is also very shallow and cool.
Cape Ganh Dau
Cape protruding sea in the Northwest Island attracts visitors by the most pristine and unique natural beauty. From here, you can see the border of Cambodia. Ganh Dau has a bow-shaped beach stretching 500m, this is also a great place to enjoy seafood for visitors.
Cua Can fishing village
Located in the North and about 14 km from Duong Dong town, a few km from Ong Lang beach is Cua Can fishing village. There are many wooden bridges that only allow pedestrians and motorbikes to pass. Although the fishing village is quite small, it still has some places to offer drinks and relax on the road before going to deserted beaches on the North of the island. The southern end of the village also has a gas station.
If you want to find more adventure, try persuading an indigenous boat owner to take you to the Cua Can River. It is one of the great ways to explore the daily life of riverside residents or watch the big fishing boats returning from multi-day cruises. In Cua Can village, there is also a beautiful but isolated sand dune in the north of the village, you can see it from the coastal road going north to Ganh Dau and Long beach.
Phu Quoc has many beautiful, luxurious and modern resorts. Therefore, you can try to take advantage of the great space, scenery and beautiful interior of the hotel or the resort to take pictures.
8 bold cafes you cannot ignore when traveling to Phu Quoc
1. There Café
This is one of the most “good” cafes in Phu Quoc, the decoration of La is quite rustic, bringing a bit of nostalgic direction, interwoven with unique details. Tables and chairs, glasses, books, black and white TV, old bikes … all carry a nostalgic and charming feature. The shop has an outside space for guests to watch Dinh Cau night market, the inner space is small and cozy. The menu of Leaves is quite rich with coffee, ice cream, cakes, smoothies, beer, cocktails …
Address: 11 Tran Hung Dao
2. Sea Town
Anyone who has ever come to Bien Pho also agrees that this is the most beautiful cafe in Phu Quoc. Sea Town is located in Phu Quoc meteorological station, with subtle European and French architecture. Drinks here cost from 20,000 VND or more, the bar often opens music without mellow. Located close to Dinh Cau, facing the West Sea, Sea Town is also a favorite place to watch the sunset of tourists.
Address: 2 Bach Dang and Duong Dong
3. Itaca Resto – Lounge
Itaca Resto – Lounge is a Spanish restaurant located on Phu Quoc Island. In a large and airy space, friendly Spanish owners have designed and decorated the restaurant very aesthetically and elegantly, creating a pleasant feeling for customers coming here. Itaca consists of two areas, a restaurant and a lounge bar. The food in Itaca is mostly in Spanish style and taste, for those who are not familiar with the taste, these are not easy to enjoy. However, everyone who came to Itaca was satisfied with the enthusiastic and happy service style of the staff.
Address: 125 Tran Hung Dao, Duong Dong
4. Buddy – Ice Cream & Info Café
Buddy is located on Bach Dang Street, opposite Ben Tau, crowded with foreign tourists. Tourists often sit for breakfast and coffee at Buddy while waiting for the boat to visit the islands, dive to see the coral. The shop has beautifully decorated, exquisite, every small detail such as tables and chairs, pictures, fresh flowers in the shop are carefully cared for.
Buddy is famous as the best ice cream shop in Phu Quoc, the price of ice cream and drinks here is equivalent to the big shops in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. In particular, the owner is Mr. Rohan Backs and his wife Phu Quoc thoughtfully made an information board about Vietnam and Phu Quoc tourism for visitors. You will receive a map, free travel guide when enjoying coffee at Buddy.
Address: 6 Bach Dang and Duong Dong
5. Alanis Deli
Alanis Deli is the first fast coffee model in Phu Quoc. Choose bright green colors as the main tone in the design, Alanis makes diners feel youthful, playful and airy. The menu at Alanis is quite diverse, from Caramel, Bailey’s, Almond Italian-style coffee to 100% pure Vietnamese coffee. Besides, there are many fruit smoothies, cakes, ice cream, and baked goods made by the shop.
Address: 98 Tran Hung Dao, Duong Dong
6. Rory’s Beach Bar
According to those who like to travel, Rory’s Beach Bar is the most worthwhile bar in Phu Quoc. The shop is located right on the beach, near the beach of the resorts, so it is very clean and security. The menu has a lot of affordable items, you can come here and order a beer and lie on the bench to watch the sea all day and night without fear of being disturbed.
Address: 118/10 Trần Hưng Đạo, Dương Đông
7. I love Phu Quoc
I love Phu Quoc has 2 spaces, one upstairs and one ground floor at the beach, quite quiet and comfortable space, suitable for young children. Both food and drinks are sold here. Price is also relatively moderate from 40,000 VND or more per item.
Address: 40 Trần Hưng Đạo
8. Coffee Lantern
The old name is Nha San Coffee located on Nguyen Trung Truc Street. Lantern has a lovely, elegant space, ancient wooden houses and tiled roofs of the old Vietnamese restaurant. Consistent with middle-aged guests, like the quiet. Lantern Coffee is most beautiful in the evening, when the colorful lanterns and shapes are shimmering. Here, you will feel like you are in a miniature Hoi An. Especially, every 7pm every Saturday night, Lantern Coffee will have lion dance to serve visitors.